Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My New Addition

OK, so I'm finally updating. I'm just now getting back to 100% after a nasty cold, so I apologise.

Well in my last post I said I was gonna be a daddy. So here's how the story goes: I've been looking since November, doing my research and such. I thought I had my mind made up on a Weimaraner, but then found a different breed. So I made my mind up, the next step was to find a good breeder(and the right price). Seeing how this breed is not enormously popular, it was a bit of a search. Not to mention, nobody I contacted in the national club would send me breed referrals. But prevail I did, and I went and picked up my little girl on Jan. 18...from Minnesota. Yup, goofy-ass me drove 10 hours for a dog. And I'd do it again. She was about 12 weeks old when I got her, today she's 14 weeks.
So here is my new Vizsla(veesh-la), Tess:

Ain't she the cutest:


Here she is posing for a picture with her puppy Kong(thank God for whoever invented that toy)


And here's Tess being a normal Vizsla, running back to me with her Kong

Ya see it's like this: you take a rocket, wrap it in a red furry coat with floppy ears, and ya got a vizsla.

Tess is very active, like most sporting dogs, and loves to play. One of the things that helped me choose a Vizsla is that they are very intelligent....and believe me, Tess is smart as a whip. In the two weeks I have had her, I already have her trained to come, sit, halt, fetch and retrieve, kennel(although she's a little stubborn with this one at times), and she is getting the shake thing down pat(just started on that yesterday).


And what can I say, I got a thing for redheads.

5 Comments:

Blogger Delilah and Rocket said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Vizsla Luv! Nothing makes you giggle like a Vizsla wiggle! The driving 10 hours to get a V did not surprise me one bit. Enjoy your little bundle of energy. Glad to hear you have started the obedience stuff already as your V will test you beyond your imagination. Always be prepared to think outside the box! Look forward to your future postings.

2/06/2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger FlyBoy said...

Hey rocket! Thanks for stopping by. Having a V puppy has made me re-think some of my training(think outside the box, I like that) compared to 7 years ago with my white german shepherd. But that's a good thing.

2/06/2008 8:03 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

What a cute little pup. Congrats to the new addition to your family. I bet she keeps you busy:)

2/06/2008 8:08 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

She is beautiful! I'm sure she'll be a great companion.

2/07/2008 12:17 AM  
Blogger FlyBoy said...

angel- yup, she is a little cutie

pud- thanks! She and I have bonded well over the past couple weeks, kinda like a little diva I know;)

2/07/2008 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home