Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Losing It

So I've been working at my grandma's house the past couple days. She has this 5'x6' add-on space where her woodstove sits, and the ceiling needed replaced. So this morning I go to finish up the trim and some touch-up painting. When I got there she had been on the phone with a relative, I think a cousin of my deceased grandpa. So she tells me about a member of the area(I live in the middle of nowhere, so there is no town...so I'm calling it the area) Bill P who passed away. And then she tells me again about 30 minutes later...and then she tells me it was someone else 30 minutes later, Bill W...and then it went back to the original person, but it was his wife Judy P...then she was on the phone with my aunt and she told her Judy P, at least she thought that's who was dead. All the while she says she can't remember because they were talking about Bill P and Judy P, and Bill W lives close by...and every few sentances she says she's losing it.

So anyhoo, I am confused and I don't know who died. That folks, is my grandma, Bless Her Heart. I just know she used to not be this way, but one of my aunts is always telling her she is losing it, so I think she has started believing it. I think a lot of it has to do with the guy she remarried a few years ago. This guy is starting to rub me the wrong way. He owns a small campground/fishing pond and whenever my grandma is over there she is mowing or doing some other kind of work for him. Not exactly a problem, but here's the rub- he can't even bring his sweet-ass zero-turn mower to my grandma's house to mow her yard--it's too difficult to load and unload the mower onto the trailer. So my 78 year-old g-ma is out there mowing her acre of yard with a push mower. I was pretty pissed at hearing about him and the mower story, so I mowed her yard for her today. I try to distance myself from getting involved , but today I just got rubbed the wrong way. I'm close with my whole family, and I don't like it when people fuck with them and treat them like second-class.

All right enough of my rant, I feel better now. Time to go mow my yard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesus Toast said...

"So anyhoo, I am confused and I don't know who died."

If I had a nickel for evertime I've had to say that sentence to a cop I'd be rich.

Lovingly,

Jesus Christ the King

8/17/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

Are you sure grandma is losing it or you're losing it?

8/18/2006 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home