Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Monday, February 27, 2006
Breaking the Surly Bonds
A golf course from about 2,500 feet:
A lake from 6,100 feet up:
A shot from up near the clouds, at 5,100 feet:
And finally, a sequence coming in to land
From 1/4 mile out:
In the Roundout:
And yes it was a smooth landing, a perfect end to a beautiful, sunny day of flying.
Thought of the day: Did you know that even professional pilots can be afraid of heights, but when in an aircraft they have no problems? So how many out there are afraid of heights? Afraid of flying in small aircraft?
Friday, February 24, 2006
A New Look
Ok, so I'm in a good mood...It is Friday after all. In my 101 things(look down below) I stated that I play with wood for a living. Today was interesting. I met a client who is building a new house here and moving from out of state in about a month. I was contacted for consultation on building some home office furniture. What is interesting is the vision the client had. He wants furniture with an Asian influence...something I've never done but am eager to try. After the meeting, I was wound up like a puppy on crack. I like to be creative with wood, gimme your thoughts and ideas and I'll build it. I guess I just have a knack for being able to envision what people want, and that's how this meeting went today. So anyhoo, now it's time for a Strongbow. I'll work on the design on Monday.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Feb 23 HNT
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Friday, February 17, 2006
101 Things About Me
OK, so here it is, a little list
1. I was born and raised in central Indiana
2. I drive a loud-ass Dodge diesel truck
3. I have a White German Shepherd
4. I played trumpet in band in jr./sr. high school
5. I have a bachelors degree in Animal Science
6. I started my own business in 1999, I was 23
7. I have 2 older brothers
8. I am a NASCAR fan
9. I work too hard for too little
10. I play with wood for a living
11. I make an awesome cheesecake
12. Everybody tells me I should be a chef
13. I was in a fraternity in college, and was president
14. I once had a goatee, it was itchy
15. I make my own wine
16. I make my own hard apple cider, but like Strongbow from the tap
17. My favorite ice cream is Edy’s Mint Chocolate Chip
18. I like Tobasco sauce and Louisiana hot sauce
19. My favorite liquor is tequila
20. I received a bottle of Patrone Gold tequila for Christmas once
21. I used to weigh about 235, but am now at 185
22. I lost that much weight (see #22) in one summer
23. I have never been married
24. I like to fly fish
25. I have been to Mount Rushmore
26. I have had a horse all my life
27. I love Chinese food
28. Pud got me addicted to French Lick Wine
29. I don’t like my receding hair line
30. I started getting gray hair four years ago
31. I like the fit of Carhartt work dungarees
32. I’ve been told I have a cute butt
33. I earned my pilots license last July
34. I like flying in my airplane
35. I like flying my airplane at night
36. I don’t like snakes
37. I like Irish rock music http://www.roger.drawdy.com/
38. I once met Rupert from Survivor
39. I applied to Survivor twice
40. I like Collective Soul
41. I have only had one speeding ticket
42. I like snow, but not cold temps
43. I like to crunch ice
44. I had major surgery on my wrist when I was 8
45. I saw Glenn Beck on my birthday last year
46. I have two nephews
47. My mother is psycho
48. I drink decaf coffee daily
49. I quit drinking anything with caffeine in June 1998
50. I used to be addicted to MountainDew
51. I like camping
52. I like my alone time, yes I am introverted
53. I am a morning person
54. I have a talented tongue
55. I grew up on a farm
56. I love pizza (especially Pizza Shack)
57. I’ve been told I’m very laid back
58. My favorite sex position is doggy style (who’s isn’t)
59. I like to read, but not on the toilet
60. I collect Dale Earnhardt stuff
61. I have 4 cowboy hats
62. I hate painting
63. I have only had 3 vehicles in my lifetime
64. I like skeet shooting
65. I like competitive shooting
66. I used to smoke in college
67. When a baby is crying in public I like saying “shut up baby” really quiet
68. I like Paul Newman as an actor, and his salad dressing ain’t all that bad either
69. I tend to be sarcastic a lot
70. People tell me I am “a hard person to read”
71. I never dated in high school
72. My favorite wood is Cherry
73. I was a virgin until I was 19
74. I am a constant note-taker, and post-it’s are awesome
75. I like beef jerky, especially my own recipe
76. I will only wear Red Wing work boots
77. When I was growing up I wanted to be a lawyer
78. I don’t like being taken advantage of
79. If I ever have a daughter, I want to name her Zoey
80. I like eating jelly-belly’s after sex, instant energy
81. I wear hats often, OK, pretty much all the time
82. I like my coffee black and hot
83. My beer of choice is Tequiza
84. I like sitting by a campfire drinking rum and cider
85. I am a perfectionist
86. I have always wanted a pet squirrel
87. I am getting addicted to blogs, and like reading sex blogs
88. I look good in a tuxedo
89. I don’t like pretentious assholes
90. Slow drivers annoy me
91. I have been told I am good at reading people
92. I trust people until they screw me over, then they’re on my shit-list
93. I love cheese, thus my nickname as a kid was “mouse”
94. I have never lived outside the state of Indiana, but am always in a state of confusion
95. I was the tallest person in my immediate family, until my brother got married
96. I want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane before I die
97. I hate men who are abusive to women
98. I want to go to Las Vegas on my birthday
99. Lemons are my favorite fruit
100. My favorite number is 3
101. I am addicted to sex and think about it all the time
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Drive Now...Talk Later!
Not saying I don't do it, but at least I use a hands-free headset.
When I was learning to drive, the only distraction we had was fiddling with the radio.
My how technology improves our lives!
OK, rant over.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
My Five Weird Habits:
1. When walking up and down stairs, I count how many steps are between each floor.
2. I eat crackers and cookies in multiples of four. No real explaination for this, I just do.
3. I like mustard on french fries. Talk about the crazy looks in restaurants!
4. When I'm driving(albeit in my loud ass truck) I turn down the radio at every stop light or sign.
5. I never re-heat anything to eat. It doesn't matter what it is, soup, pizza, pasta, steak, hamburger...when it comes out of the refrigerator I eat it as is. Except french fries, I won't eat them cold.
Monday, February 06, 2006
Take A Leap..
Very fitting for a Monday.
go to http://www.despair.com for more inspiration
Thursday, February 02, 2006
In all actuality, I had no idea they even made G-Day cards.
If a groundhog see's it's shadow and there is nobody around, does the tree still fall in the forest?
Happy G-Day everbody!
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
More fun in the elevator
Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask: Got enough air in there?
Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside-down.
*these are not my original work, but were found on the web
It's great being crazy!