Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Good Piece of Meat

OK, so why is it you can't find a good piece of meat when you want it? I was out at the office supply place today and was like, "Flyboy, a steak sounds really good right now". Don't know why that came over me(of course it could be because of the three bar & grills so conveniently placed close to the office store).

So I go to the local grocery chain store across the street. Make my way to the meat department. I usually get the stuff that's already in plastic, easy for me to see what I'm spending. As I walk slowly back and forth in front of the cooler, looking for a good steak, it hits me. This. Meat. Sucks...not to mention there was no selection at all. After going over to the fresh cut meat section(where they keep the high-dollar steaks) I realize I'm out of luck.

Off to another chain grocery store down the road.

I really had my taste set on a sirloin, but all I could find was some skanky looking ribeye. So I went with a t-bone. The only reason I did this is because it was the thickest cut I could find. I like my meat thick-cut. I also decided to pick up a flat-iron steak. Huh?you say? Yeah, it's basically a shoulder steak, but because of the way they cut it, it's supposed to be as good as a center loin cut. I'll try that one in a couple days. It's pretty sad when you can't find a good piece of meat.

So I drive a loud-ass cloud-smokin' diesel. And the powers that be says that fuel must now be low-sulfur. Which means less lubrication for the fuel injector pump-thingy. I so hate this. The pump needs the sulfur for lube, or it will go bad and break...which means big bucks for a new one($1500, nobody said diesels were cheap). And today I was reading something about how the new low-sulfur crap makes a diesel more efficient!?( and supposedly it's cleaner) As far as I have seen, it ain't doin shit for increasing my fuel mileage. But one thing I am noticing: I'm blowin more smoke. Yup, and I ain't even trying('cept for that asshat in the pony car riding my ass the other night...just wish he had the top down at that stoplight). So much for being cleaner!

More later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like my meat thick. Oh, and something about lube, and smoke. You can marinade your thinner meat in beer, lime, cilantro, some orange juice and salt and pepper for a couple of hours. Grill it, and bingo the best meat ever! You asked about my blog...I don't know I think I needed a break. Not sure if I'll come back yet......keep up the cooking!

3/23/2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger FlyBoy said...

Jmeped- my brother likes to marinade in coca-cola...I'm not big on that.

about your blog...I enjoyed it, but I can understand about needing a break. you can always send some of your zany stories about the flower shop to my e-mail(on my profile page):)

3/24/2007 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home