Monday, March 12, 2007

Life Is Funny

I got together with some old friends this weekend. My old college roommate's wife always tries to get us all together around his birthday. So we went out to dinner, there were five couples sans one of the guys' wife. I haven't kept up on the gossip cause I'm just not into that stuff, but apparently the lone guy is going through a divorce. After dinner we go back to the house and the guys go to the garage to have a few brews, and the girls stay in the kitchen to chat. And ya know what's funny? Every single one of the guys bitches about being married. And they tell me I'm the smart one cause I'm not married, and I should stay that way. I think some of the problem is that people rush into the whole gettin married thing, and they don't really know who they are gettin married to. But hey, what do I know...I'm not married and when I was given an ultimatum by my ex, I said "later, I'm not going to be pushed into anything". I'm a bit of a cynic, cause every time I hear of someone getting married I say "I give it 3 years". I don't have any answers, so I guess it's time to shut up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

I've done the whole married thing...it's overrated.

3/13/2007 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home