Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Got Me Some...






Yeah Buddy! No, really, if you have never had a bit of spotted dick, you ain't lived. It's good warm, with a spot of custard on top.



In other news...It's crappy outside! No, let's revise that: It Damn Shitty outside!! We've been in blizzard conditions all day, and the wind is still blowing. It's pretty flat here in central Indiana, and I live out in the country...which means blowing snow, and drifting snow. I had to wade through snow drifts up to my crotch while taking care of the horses today, and the snow stinging my face was unbearable. My boot tracks were filled in within a matter of minutes while I toted hay out to the beasts. By the time I got back inside I couldn't feel my pinky finger(of course that could be a byproduct of smashing it majorly while loading firewood last Sunday). Gotta love Indiana weather.





I would post a picture of the 4 foot snow drift behind my truck, but I'm not going outside again unless I have to. I have no idea if I'm going to go to the jobsite tomorrow. I cancelled today because of the weather. I couldn't see the stopsign on my road most of the day, it's less than 1/4 mile away. And the other great thing about living in the country? In my county, I'm in what the county highway department calls a "red zone"...which means they don't plow the roads until dead last, which means when this snow and wind stops...probably on Thursday.


EDIT--Here are a couple pics of the snow out my front door. At least the wind isn't blowing much today.








Enough bitching, warm weather will be here soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

I saw some of that snow stuff on TV. I thought it was fiction. You mean people REALLY deal with that crap?

2/14/2007 1:12 AM  
Blogger FlyBoy said...

Well Rat, people think they deal with it. Most people around here don't know how to drive in it and just become clusterfucks on the roads.

2/14/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

It's starting to warm up here in the fine desert of Iraq. Don't you worry...I'm sure we'll all be frying like eggs shortly.

2/15/2007 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home