Friday, January 19, 2007

It's Friday!

Yeah Buddy! Another Friday.

I have been so unmotivated, kinda in a rut, this past week. Maybe it started when I got a call from a client I've been working with on a design for an entertainment center. He proceeded to tell me that he got a price from another shop that was less than half of my price. Less than half! Only $200 above my material costs. Now I've been doing this for several years, and I know how much it costs to do custom woodworking. So it's not like I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass. Cheap Bastard! Oh, but he still has some trim work he wants me to do...yipee!
And I'm working on designs/prices for a couple other clients, and I get that gut feeling. It's hard to explain,but when you have worked with people long enough, you get a certain feeling whether or not they have high expectations without the means to back it up. And why is it when a potential client is asked what they want to spend on a certain project, they go "deer-in-the-headlights"? Hey folks! Don't waste my time! If you tell me what you want or can spend at the first meeting, I can tell you if it's feasable. Instead, I spend several hours designing a project, pricing it, only to find out it's 5 times as much as you want to spend. And don't even get me started on these hacks that undercut me on price!

Anyhoo, on to another day. And I've been struggling with some trust issues with my s.o. Why can't people be up front about stuff? It's called communication, it's not that hard to understand. If you wanted my friends e-mail, all you had to do was ask. Because that way I won't be shocked when I get an e-mail from my best friend saying you sent them an e-mail. Pisses me off. And when I put my trust in you and you go behind my back, that's grounds for dismissal. Period. End of story.

And while I'm in a great mood, why don't I pitch a bitch about all this hype over the colts. Y'all are gonna choke(if you don't great, but I'm just going with history here), and if you choke like you have the past three years, why are we building you a new stadium? I'm not a big football fan, but I am rooting for the bears. Mostly because my cousin plays for them, and he's good. And it is amazing how many "fans" come out from under the rocks and jump on the bandwagon up near the end of the season. And God forbid if the colts actually make it to the super bowl! I'm getting tired of seeing horseshoes! And don't make small talk with me about the game, cause I could tell you more about nascar than football.

A'ight, nuff said. Have a great weekend. Hopefully it will snow here this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

Interesting. so why was your s.o. emailing your best friend?

you got a birthday coming up?

course, i remember some 20 years ago my best friend and boyfriend hooked up and got married.

...i'm not saying...i'm just saying...

1/21/2007 5:44 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

So did you kick her to the curb or what?

1/22/2007 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home