Saturday, February 03, 2007

Big Game Time

So tomorrow is the big game. I was out at my favorite pizza place this evening and of course they had Colts specials(the quarteback special, the coach special, yadayada)...I am so glad my TV blew up a couple weeks ago and I don't have to be innundated with all the home team crap going on every day around here. And I will not be rooting for the home team.

But?Huh?Wha?
Yes, I will be rooting for the Bears. Why you may ask? Because I know a Bears player, he is my cousin and seeing how my family was pretty close when I was growing up, I pretty much grew up with him. Even been known to throw the football with him in the back yard on occasion. He is a great player, and a valuable asset to the team. And this is his second "Big Game", his first being with another team, where he happened to set a record and still holds that record. I actually held one of the game balls from the division championship game this week at his parents house. Pretty cool. And they also let me see one of their tickets to the big game. I think I liked the game ball better.

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah...as I go to pay for the great pizza, I asked the cashier why they didn't have any Bears stuff around. And then quickly explained that they have had one of the players frequent their great establishment several times. Yeah, I think the bleach had gotten to her roots. She was like all, oh really, Ihavenoideawhatyou'retalkingabout expression all over the place. I just walked away quickly, a little afraid that something might be contagious. Ya just hadta be there.

So everyone have fun watching the big game, don't drink too much, and root for the Bears.
(and if the Colts win, don't rub it in)

3 Comments:

Blogger FlyBoy said...

Don't worry, I'm not big on the football either. I prefer racin'.

2/06/2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

How about my parents are happy for the Colts win only because now they feel their tax dollars are being put to use.

2/08/2007 1:02 AM  
Blogger FlyBoy said...

pud- yeah, that taxpayer stadium is a bunch of bullshit, even if they are doing good.

2/08/2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home