Thursday, March 09, 2006

In a Funk


I'm in a funk, dammit! I can't stand this...maybe it's the weather, winter wanting to hold on as long as possible, with dreary skies and insipid rain. I haven't been flying in a couple weeks because of this lousy weather and that sucks. It seems like when we have a beautiful, sunny, calm day...I'm too busy. But being busy is not bad, it keeps my mind from wandering. I keep letting the what-ifs creep around in my head and they are starting to distract me. I have gotten into a funk the past couple days and want out.

I should be upbeat...I sent a contract out yesterday for an office furniture project. The client is eager to see the finished product in a few weeks, so am I! I hope to put updates about this project on here, we'll see how that goes. The furniture is Asian inspired bookcases, I took some pictures given to me by the client and designed a three-unit bookcase and a desk/bookcase unit. This is the same client I wrote about a few weeks ago, the meeting I was so giddy about. I like being creative, but I think even more I like challenge. Somebody comes to me with an idea and my brain immediately starts going into overdrive. For example: I built a display case for my pilot's club last year. The Chief CFI/manager came to me, told me what he wanted, and I built it. After he saw the finished product, he remarked "I told him what I was wanting, and he did it, it was perfect" or something to that effect. Several years ago my best friend showed me a picture of a shelf in a catalog that she liked, so I built it. No plans, nothing(and the plans are still in my head)...just started "whittling wood" and came up with a cool wall shelf. I like seeing clients and friends happy, and I try not to boast about myself. But dangit, I need to do it from time to time... and this is one of those times.

Here's a picture of a child's pedal plane I built last fall that was raffled off to raise money for SMA Support(SMA is Spinal Muscular Atrophy). This was done for a big get-together my pilot's club has every year. The CFI/manager was blown away, same as pretty much everyone else.

OK, so I'm feeling a bit better. Maybe sometimes I just need to talk myself up and re-build my confidence...I think that would benefit everyone from time-to-time. I've rambled on enough for now, Good Night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Talk yourself up, I'll help you...You kick ass!

3/09/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Shay said...

that's what blogs are for - to let you vent so you can feel all better and think about cute airplanes ^_~

3/14/2006 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home