Sunday, May 21, 2006

POKER RUN!

What a beautiful day to go flying!

My pilot's club had a poker run yesterday, and of course I couldn't say no. For those who don't know what a poker run is, here's a quick explanation: You pay your entry(all proceeds for this one went to cancer charity) then you fly to four airports and pick up playing cards that are sealed in envelopes. When you get back to the starting airport you get your fifth card. After opening your cards and seeing your poker hand, you can opt to buy more cards to better the playing hand. The person with the best hand wins a prize, and there were also second and third place prizes. I got two pair, jacks and eights, and didn't win squat. It was a fun day, and we had a pitch-in dinner after it was over, with everybody going nuts over my oreo cheesecake:)

So here are some pictures of me landing at four of the airports. I already posted some pictures of me landing at one of the strips, you can go through my archives and see it here.

Coming into the second stop:
















The third stop, very narrow and short runway:















The fourth stop, almost to the end!
















The final stop, on the grass with everyone looking on(and analyzing my landing of course):






























It was a great day, I logged a couple more hours, and some good landings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend!

The weather looked gorgeous!

5/22/2006 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home