Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wood

OK, so I like wood. In addition to wittling wood, I also saw logs on my portable bandsaw-mill. I had a job today cutting a tree that had been taken down by the power company. Said tree had been planted by the owner's father(or grandfather) many years ago, and she didn't want it cut up into firewood. So off I go, with sawmill in tow. I get there and realize a limb needed to be cut off, and of course I didn't bring my chainsaw. Get chainsaw and go back and start cutting. Two cuts in and ZING! (That's what it sounds like when you hit a nail.) Not good, but I kept cutting. Next cut....Zing! Another nail. In all I hit three nails and several bullets. Funny, cause the bullets don't make any noise, but they're shiney when cut in half. The thing that excited me the most was this is the first time I cut an aromatic cedar. Talk about some nice smellin wood! Yeah, I'm weird, bite it.
So my day is going well, get home to a message that a job I bid on was accepted, so that's even better. Now if my mechanic will get my airplane finished in time for Saturday's pancake breakfast fly-in, that will be great!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

HeHe...you said wood.

6/07/2006 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home